From the April 1, 2021 GovDelivery Message:
This GovDelivery email covers several topics:
- COVID operations update
- Changes in training requirements for CM/ECF registration
- Form 4100S and corresponding CM/ECF event
- Admin Procedures 3.5 update - HSDs
- CM/ECF v 1.6.1 update
- GovDelivery Reminder
COVID Operations Update
There have been no recent updates to COVID operations in the Court.
- Face masks are required for entry into the building.
- Each judge will determine whether hearings are held in person, via Zoom, or telephonically. Please carefully read all notices.
- The clerk’s office remains open for all services, including the public counter, during normal public hours – Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Staff, whether in the building or teleworking, also monitor telephones, email and CM/ECF filings during those hours. If you need any assistance, please follow this link. https://www.casb.uscourts.gov/contact-us
Training Requirements for CM/ECF Registration
Training requirements for receiving a CM/ECF login and password have changed. Most or all training requirements may be met by reading documents or completing CBTs online. There is no longer a “homework” component for most access. Please visit the CM/ECF Training & Registration page of our website for details.
Form 4100S and Corresponding CM/ECF Event
Form 4100S, Supplemental Proof of Claim for CARES Forbearance Claim, has been posted on our forms page and the event needed to file it is in the CM/ECF System under Bankruptcy Events > Claims Actions > Supplemental Proof of Claim for CARES Forbearance Claim (4100S).
Administrative Procedures 3.5 Update
In February, Section 3.5 of the Court’s Administrative Procedures was updated to address the filing of Highly Sensitive Documents (HSDs). Please read the Court’s announcement under the News & Announcements section of the website for additional information.
CM/ECF v 1.6.1 Update April 18, 2021
On April 18, the CASB CM/ECF System will be upgraded to version 1.6.1. Details will be available in the CM/ECF application under the What’s New tab and in the CM/ECF Manual on April 18, but changes include:
- Changes to the Chapter 11 Case Opening screens regarding small business debtor and Subchapter V elections.
- Changes to the screens in Motion to Convert from Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 to Chapter 11 regarding small business debtor and Subchapter V elections.
- Modified events for Motion to Restrict Public Access to documents and claims. The events will be automated and require a redacted document to be attached in the motion event. Please follow instructions in the event.
- New event for Motion for Discharge Pursuant to Section 1328(i) in response to the Consolidated Appropriations Act (CAA).
- Other fixes.
Official email communications from the US Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of California (CASB) are processed and sent through the GovDelivery system. All new users to the CASB CM/ECF System will have their email addresses added to GovDelivery by Court personnel. Any change in a user’s email address should be updated by the user by adding that email address to the GovDelivery system for CASB by clicking on “Subscribe to E-mail Updates”, under Quick Links on our home page at www.casb.uscourts.gov or on the link below. All users are accountable for all information sent out using the GovDelivery system. Users may modify the emails they wish to receive or remove themselves from this mailing list by clicking on the "Manage Preferences" or "Unsubscribe" links below.
Contact information for CASB may be found at