Filing a Proof of Claim Online Through ePOC
The Electronic Proof of Claim (ePOC) program permits proofs of claims to be filed directly from the court’s website. The (ePOC) program will create and file or amend a completed, signed claim form (Official Form 410) online using the Court’s (ePOC) system. A copy of which may be printed or saved as part of the process. However, any supporting documents and attachments must be uploaded as PDF files. Documents other than proofs of claim also need to be prepared as PDFs in order to be uploaded and filed with the court. Each PDF file may be created by scanning or using software, and should not exceed 35 MB in size.
- Attorneys registered to use CM/ECF may electronically file Proofs of Claims through CM/ECF.
- ePOC does not require a login or password.
- ePOC enables creditors to attach/upload supporting documents to a Proof of Claim.
- The address of the creditor is automatically added to the mailing matrix of the case when a Proof of Claim is filed to ensure service of case documents.
- Proofs of Claims filed through ePOC are immediately posted to the claims docket and may be printed or electronically saved by the filer.
- ePOC asks the filer a series of questions and uses the filer's responses to complete and file a Proof of Claim form (Official Form 410).
- Filers receive instant feedback that the FORM 410 was filed including a stamped copy of the FORM 410 form.
- Trustees can be assured that FORM 410 forms are legible and contain the required information.
NOTE: At this time, other types of documents, require a CM/ECF login for electronic filing. Such as:
- Notice of transfer of claim
- Request for payment of an administrative expenses
- Mortgage Proof of Claim Attachment (Form 410A)
- Notice of Mortgage Payment Change (Form 410S1)
- Notice of Postpetition Mortgage Fees, Expenses, and Charges (Form 410S2)
Learn How to Use ePOC:
File and Amend a Claim:
ePOC Computer Requirements
- Internet Connection
- Adobe Reader (version 8 or higher)
- Pop-up blocker must be disabled
- Printer - for filing a copy of the claim for you to keep
- Browser requirements – It is recommended to use the latest version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari.
- For technical assistance regarding ePOC, please contact the bankruptcy clerk's office at 619-557-5620. Please note, the clerk's office is prohibited from giving legal advice.